What documents are Barbadians required to produce when registering?
A person aged sixteen (16) years and over is required to personally provide evidence in support of his/her qualification for registration. This includes one or more of the documents listed below:
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Affidavit – must be registered by the Registrar
- Deed Poll – must be registered by the Registrar
- Decree Absolute
- Citizenship – For a person who was not born in Barbados and who has been granted this status by the Chief Immigration Officer
- Barbadians resident overseas can produce a valid passport of that country along with their Barbados birth certificate for verification of name by marriage.
What documents are Non-Barbadians required to produce when registering?
Non-Barbadian citizens are required to produce:
- An original birth certificate which is one issued and bearing the seal of the Registrar OR a valid passport endorsed by the Chief Immigration Officer, Barbados
- An original document, which is valid for six (06) months or more, indicating the status given by the Chief Immigration Officer, Barbados.
What Immigration documents are required?
The documents are a passport endorsed by the Chief Immigration Officer and a letter from the Chief Immigration Officer both indicating the grant of one of the following:
- Permanent Residence
- Immigrant Status
- Student Visa
- Work Permit
- Caricom Skilled Graduate Status
- Rights of Establishment Status
- CDB Staff & Dependants Status
The documents, required for a change of information to be printed on the ID card, are as follows:-.
Change in Date of Birth – Birth Certificate
Change of name by marriage – Marriage Certificate
Change of name by divorce – Decree Absolute and Birth Certificate
Change of name for other reason – Birth Certificate, Registrar’s Certificate, Affidavit and Deed Poll
Change of Immigration status – Immigration document