skip to Main Content

The means it's official.

Government websites end in  Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you're on a government site.

This site is secure.

The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

Get In Touch

Phone: 1-246-535-4800
Address: 1st Floor Warrens Towers II Warrens, St. Michael

Our Location

An official website of the Barbados Government


Under the Statistics Act Cap. 192, all citizens of Barbados who are resident on the island as well as citizens of other countries who have been permitted by the Chief Immigration Officer to remain in the Island for a period of not less than six (6) months may be registered and receive the Barbados Identification card.

Regulation 10 states that “A person is qualified to be registered if he is:

  • a citizen of Barbados or
  • a citizen of a country other than Barbados who is granted permission by the Chief Immigration Officer to remain in Barbados for a period of not less than six (6) months.”
What Documents are Non-Barbadians Required to Produce When Registering?

Non-Barbadian citizens are required to produce:

  • An original birth certificate OR a valid passport endorsed by the Chief Immigration Officer of Barbados
  • An original document, which is valid for six (6) months or more, indicating the status given by the Chief Immigration Officer of Barbados.


The documents required for a change of information to be printed on the ID card are as follows:-

Change in Date of Birth – Birth Certificate

Change of name by marriage – Marriage Certificate

Change of name by divorce – Decree Absolute and Birth Certificate

Change of name for other reason – Birth Certificate, Registrar’s Certificate, Affidavit and Deed Poll

Change of Immigration status – Immigration document

Would a visitor to Barbados who stays over six (6) months qualify for registration and receive the ID card?

No, visitors do not qualify for registration. Applicants who are citizens of countries other than Barbados and who meet the residential requirements for registration must have been granted by the Chief Immigration Officer, either of the following:

  • Immigration Status
  • A Work Permit (valid for six (6) months or more
  • Permanent Residence
  • A Student Visa (valid for six (6) months or more
  • CDB staff and dependants Status (under the CDB Bank Act 323A)
  • CARICOM Skilled Graduated Status
  • Rights of Establishment
%d bloggers like this: